11 May 2011

Battling the bulge!

Well, not so much the bulge, more like ripples or should I say dents that one calls cellulite!
Yes, I admit.
I HAVE CELLULITE!  But then again so does my 2 and a half year old little girl. How come hers looks so cute? I want the same please, 'cute cellulite' like the one the 2 year olds have!

Now with the heat and humidity hitting us smack, bang in the face, its time to cool off. Its beach time, pool time, well any time where there's minimum clothing and maximum skin exposure, with sunblock please.
Add 2 young girls to the mix who love splashing and swimming and there you have it, no more hiding under my long , flowing dresses!

So our first trip to the beach was a little over a month ago.

Oh my, that was harsh. Bright sunshine on whiter than white skin didn't do the body any justice.  But, like the previous winter months, I just ignored it!
Now after a few more trips to the beach and to the pool in our complex, I can't do it, something, anything, needs to be done.
I kid you not, I can feel the one 'dimple' (sounds cute but it really isn't) through the material of my dress . Yikes. This is just out of control.

I've started speaking about 'it' to my hubby and of course he's seen it. He'd have to be blind or completely not interested in me not to. And because he's neither of these, he's spotted the dreaded dimples/dents.

And so I say stop!!! Drastic times call for drastic measures!!

So for one whole month, I'm going to cut out completely all the 'baddies' in my diet.

No more choco, sweets or chrisps.

No more alcohol and up water intake.

No more coffee, yes, I said drastic measures.  

Exercise. Even though I'm on my feet the whole day and don't stop until night, I need proper , fat burning, muscle toning exercise. So I 'm going to squeeze in two weekly trips to the downstairs gym.
When we were in South Africa, we had a yearly gym memebership. I never went once. I always said to my hubby, its too far away and I have too many things to do. It was 10 minutes away!
Now we have this state of the art gym downstairs  and I still don't go. I  just don't like to exercise. But like I said....drastic measures!!

I've also been out and bought myself some essential oils and mixed them with my sweet almond oil to make my own anti cellulite, detoxifying miracle oil . I must say, after a week of using it, I do see a wee difference. It also leaves the skin silky smooth which is an added bonus.

We already eat lots of fruit and vegetables.

So now its wait and see if my efforts and sacrifices  pay off.

Below are a few of the beaches we've visited recently.




No comments:

Post a Comment