12 January 2011

Please help Mr locksmith!!

'Crap' as the door slammed shut!! I grabbed at the door handle shaking, cursing, knowing that nothing or nobody could do anything!! I checked my pockets but I knew I didn't have them... my damn keys!!
I had my phone, my card to get back into the complex but not that massive bunch of frikken keys.
How the hell did I manage that?
Then I saw my little Mathilde in my arms and was happy she didn't get locked in with the keys then this 'incident' was put into perspective.It didn't feel so bad, it could have been worse.
 No keys but I have little M. Luckily I decided last minute to put a jumper on her because we were just on our way down to the lobby and its been freezing here the last couple of days.

So off we went to ask the concierge for the number of a locksmith. He had two numbers and asked which one I wanted? Said I would call them both to see who could get here in record time?? Knowing that it was only 8am, I felt confident that atleast one would be able to come to our rescue!!

The conversation went like this
Me :  'hi '
Mr Locksmith   ' How can I help you? ' I'm like what is this, a joke or what??
Me :  ' I've locked myself out and can't get in'
Mr Locksmith : ' Ok when do you need me to come??'
Me thinking, is this a trick question??  I'm locked out now, but could you come tomorrow?
Me : ' I need you now '
Mr Locksmith  ' Can only make it after 9'
Me ' What! No, I can't wait that long, I have a baby ( well she's two but he doesn't know that)
Mr Locksmith : 'Ok I'll be there at 8.30'

So we waited, he arrived at 8:30 ( thats what I love about HK, if they give you a time, they'll be there at that time).  He sets all his tools out and takes out a little staple gun type thing and put a long pin in and starts working his magic. Not very quiet , so neighbours know that this silly women locked her keys in the house!!
Again he asked  'you locked your keys in the house? ' I said yes but really wanted to pin that little thingie into his eyes and  answer, no, I like waiting outside and paying someone 300 dollars to take 2 min to open my door!!

When the door opened, little M shouted hurray , bravo and started clapping!! She proberly just wanted to get in to watch Little Einsteins and have her breckie!! But who can blame her... well for the breckie part that is.

Lets just say thank dickens for locksmiths and lets hope its the first and last time I'll ever have to dial his number.

1 comment:

  1. Locksmith Astoria are trained to handle any emergency and are only minutes away from wherever you are in Astoria, Queens, New York. We can unlock any lock mechanism and bypass it within minutes. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including weekends and holidays. locksmith indianapolis 46260

    ReplyDelete