27 February 2012

Times are changing.

My little girl is growing up.

There's no doubt about it.

Sure there's been the tell tale signs.....

Reading her books all by herself. Writing letters to her friends all by herself.
Listening to her music and singing and dancing.
Listening to our adult conversations, taking it all in and laughing at our jokes.

Today she put a poster of Justin Bieber that she found in his CD box , on her bedroom wall.  She then went on to say that she wants all her scooby-doo, sponge bob and art off her wall and wants Justin posters everywhere, even on the ceiling!!

I remember my first music crush, do you? Mine was George Michael in Wham! Ah I  was completely gaga over him. Just like she is over Justin. Only, I had him on tape and would listen to him with my bright red Sony walkman - do you remember those???
Or we would take our 'ghetto blaster' outside (if we had batteries in it) and we'd rehearse and then put on our show while our parents sat in what we thought awe! Now I know only too well how they actually felt.

But there is a cute side.
Mathilde puts on a zip-up jumper, pulls up the hood, crosses her arms and looks like a little gangster while swaying from side to side.
Olivia mimics his every move and I must say does a great job.

So all these are the tell tale signs that she's growing up and dragging my little Mathilde a long with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment