30 May 2011

Asian style pork bites

I love to cook and try new recipes but lately I just don't have the time or the energy.

When we were younger, well before we had kids, I was always trying new things. I loved it, and so did hubby!!

Today I was looking for something fast, tasty and simple. And this is exactly that!!!

480g organic pork mince
1 egg , lighty whisked
2 Tbsp oyster sauce
1 Tbsp Kecap manis ( I didn't add this )
1/4 cup of rice flour, but I guess you could use plain flour
1/4 cup of thai basil leaves finely chopped, I used half regular basil and half cilantro
1 green shalot, finely sliced
1 clove garlic, finely chopped

Mix all the ingredients and leave for 2 hours in the fridge for flavours to develop.

Roll into  balls and fry until golden in a little oil.

Olivia , my eldest has her school play next week and the parents have to take something along for the buffet afterwards, so I guess this is what I'll be taking.
These little bites will make a pleasant change from the usual quiche, chocolate cake and mini pizzas that normally cover the table.

Bon appétit

No comments:

Post a Comment