31 August 2011

Sweet like candy

Remember these.......

I do. I remember my dad, driving my sister and myself (and quite often friends too)  to the sweet shop and buying us a bag full of sweeties. Inside we'd have the above in necklaces,  watches and bracelets. I didn't really care for them, but I loved wearing them. But then again what little girl doesn't?
Then they were always  fireballs and sourballs and those toffees where at the time I was a little girl, you'd get a packet full for next to nothing, I think they were called wilson toffees or something like that . I loved them. Not forgetting the popping candy and a few bags of ghostpops and kriels.

The highlight of sweetie shopping would be in Jo'burg when we'd go to the english sweetie shop and stock up on all the goodies that we were 'deprived' of after moving to South Africa.

When we were in France, Olivia spotted these candy necklaces in a boulangerie and we just had to have them. Not only do the two of my little girls look super cute sporting their necklaces, it makes them smell even sweeter!! We really depleted the boulangeries stock of these babies!




Funny how the smell of something can totally transport you to a different place.  I recently bought them some popping candy. I don't normally buy them crap like that but I figure once in a while won't harm them and then they can have there own sweetie memories. Nothing like seeing their faces when the candy pops and blasts inside their little mouths!

Whats your favourite childhood candy?

No comments:

Post a Comment