10 January 2012

La bonne baguette!!

This is our homemade brie - a real delight on the taste-buds!!


At around 10 o'clock my little Olivia had a little 'creux'. She asked what was to eat? So I said she could have some bread and cheese. Oh, is it the cheese with the truffles? she shouted, all excited. The truffled brie we find here is nothing like our own home made truffled brie with fresh, fragrant slices of the black melanosporum in all its glory but hey, we won't complain!

The only bread I had was a baguette from International , Oh no she said ' on n'as pas de la bonne baguette?' You know Mama the one we got from that other bakery in Central - referring to the Robuchon bakery.
I smiled and felt really good inside, my little girl knows and appreciates good food when she has it and that made me happy.
She settled for the 'moins bonne' baguette but only because it was smothered in creamy truffled brie.

No comments:

Post a Comment