25 November 2011

Just for old times sake!!

This morning Mathilde and myself went to the market to stock up on our fruit and veg. The stalls were full of fresher than fresh tangerines - or naartjies as my girls say. We took half a bag full of plump orange fruits with their bright green leaves intact. Mathilde also wanted cherries so two handfuls worth of cherries for her.

We went to 'our' stationery shop to stock up on coloured card, sparkles, felt cutouts - whatever a little girls heart desires is available in this shop to create, stick and most importantly make pretty things.
What do we see, christmas decorations.

I'm not talking  tasteful decorations.

I'm talking the accordion style decorations we used to hang from the ceilings when I was a wee one and well before. The place was full of them. I haven't seen these things in donkeys years. I was overly excited!! I wanted and wanted lots!!!

I couldn't resist!!! I had to have some. God only knows what hubby is going to say tonight. Mind you, when it comes to christmas decorations, he's given up. No use fighting a battle you can't win.

On the bus ride home, we shared a few naartjies, the sun was shining in. It was warm inside even though outside there was a slight chill.
Mathilde was making her yum, yum noises that she makes when she's thoroughly enjoying something. I could see she was happy as she asked 'more please' and stuffed the tangerine segment into her little mouth.

I cherished this ride home and felt genuinely happy and blessed!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment