6 February 2012

Daily doings

During the week, our mornings consist of waking a sleepy little seven year old - mostly a grumpy one!

Then its breakfast and me shouting for her to take a bite every 20 seconds or so.  Dressed, again me shouting, put on your sock and 5 minutes later, realising that one sock is still only half on.

Pj's off .
Me reminding her to fold them and put them on her bed. I know that I'll find them where she was standing...in a pile and if I'm lucky....in a pile, tossed onto her bed, not made I might add.

Olivia brush your teeth and hair. If she could, she would never brush her hair - wild child!! Again, a reminder ever minute or so until I eventually crack and stomp my way to the bathroom like a complete lunatic! And her waiting, looking, knowing my every reaction!

She sure knows how to push my buttons.

All this before 7:15 every morning.

NERVES OF STEEL!

I hear myself saying this in my head quite often.

Frikken NERVES OF STEEL I TELL YOU!!

Once she's out the door and onto the school bus, a kiss and a wave goodbye, we look like any normal, well organised family. I then take a deep breath and breathe.

Mathilde doesn't go to school in the mornings, she attends the afternoon class from 12:30 - 4 pm. Hardly enough time to get the house sorted, have a hot cup of coffee and cut my toenails!

Mornings I try to do a few little things with Mathilde . She's such an easy child and can play all by herself, so guilt strikes about leaving her to occupy herself so I whip out the paints and indulge in a bit of fun.


She loved making these heart stamps and it was so simple. Of course, heart stamps turned into hand prints and hand prints = paint all over!


While writing this I spotted this.....



Yes, its my little Olivia who wrote this and I couldn't help but laugh! My little girl is growing up so fast and she officially has Bieber fever.  Never thought I'd see the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment