7 January 2011

Home alone!!

On the 22 Jan, my dear hubby will be jetting off to france for a week. He's already stressing about going and not seeing us  ( we're not very good at being away from each other ) but skype will be put to good use. We're both worried how Mathilde might get upset by seeing her papa on the computer without being able to see him at home.
I know she isn't going to be impressed about not being able to see her papa - she's a real papas girl. As soon as he gets in at night she's stuck to him like glue.He always tries to get in before they are off to bed, so he can spend a little time with them before he puts them down to sleep and we all love it. I have a bit of peace because they are all over him and he loves that they're so happy to see him.

I was just thinking how great it is to skype.Thank goodness because before that when we were apart, our phone bills were SCARY.

When we first went to China in 1998 Alex went first and I followed. The first thing he done was get the phone installed.  We were away from each other for a month and it was the longest time ever!!
He would phone every day and we'd joke saying that phone bill would be sky high. After that month just before I arrived, he got the phone bill and so he phoned saying ah, i thought it would have been much worse, its R7000.
We knew it was a crazy amount but we knew there would be no more phoning because soon I'd be with him and we were really happy as we thought it would be much more.
Just after I'd arrived we recieved the 2nd part of the bill, gulp, yip it was the other half of the month. So a grand total of just under 13000.
I kept those receipts , but hey we'd only been together for almost 3 years so I guess we can blame it on young , crazy love!!!
But come to think of it, I think we'd still do it all over again, minus a couple of thousand of course. Nothing better hearing than voice on the other end of the line!!
So thats why I love skype, saves us a lot of pennies!!!Especially with a hubby like mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment