28 January 2011

Sleep over

 My little Olivia is sleeping at her best friends house , its her first sleep over!! I dropped her off and she didn't even look back! Come to think of it, I don't think she even realised that I gave her a kiss, said good bye and left.
I rememeber one of my sleep overs when we still lived in the UK. I packed my bags, was so excited. Played, then came time to eat. I loved my food and still do, so when my friends mom put SMASH on my plate, I cried and wanted to go home.How come her mashed potatoe not taste like my moms mashed potatoe? We played , then came time for bed. I cried and wanted to go home,so a  phone call was made and my dad came to pick me up.

So my phone is charged and I'm waiting..... Mabe she'll suprise me and sleep the whole night, she proberly will!!

And so the saying goes... 'Ah , they grow so fast ' and its true. But when she was younger, it certainly didn't feel like she was 'growing so quickly'. She would wake up at the crack of dawn ( we had those hadidas birds in our garden and every am at the same time they would screech). Most of the time she was awake but if not, then she was after hearing the calls of the wild!!She would come and lie next to me and fiddle and faff with everything. Poke her finger up my nose in my ears, pull my lips and annoy me so much that I'd just shoot up out of bed.

I would say come on , just sleep for a little bit more, but she never did.

Now, since she started back at school in September, she's a different Olivia. I have to set my alarm, otherwise she'd miss her bus. When she wakes she cuddles me and says ' ah its so nice, I'm so tired '
I've waited years to hear those words and I can't even take advantage of the situation because now its a mad rush in the mornings.

Yes, they grow up so fast.
So,yes I need to take more time to just look at them and see my little girls and stop ( even if its just for a while )and enjoy the moment!!

No comments:

Post a Comment