27 June 2011

Homemade pizza

My girls love pizza. I don't know if its due to the fact that they help make it from A to Z but one thing for sure is that getting them involved makes them more excited about eating it.

I've been making this same pizza base since we lived in China in 1997... yikes, now I feel a whole lot older.

Its so simple and so good. It makes 3 pizzas depending on the thickness you want and  freezes well.

Toppings are kept simple for my girls.



A homemade tomato sauce, ham for Olivia, none for Mathilde and mozarella and parmasan cheese with a sprinkling of oregano and fresh basil leaves.

Pizza dough

3 and a half cups of plain flour
1 cup of warm water
1 packet of yeast
pinch of salt
1 tsp sugar
A good drizzle of olive oil

Mix all the ingredients until a dough is formed. If its too dry, add a little more water.Turn onto a floured surface and knead. I must be honest, I don't knead for too long and it always comes out good. If you have a kitchen aid or other mixer with a paddle attachment, feel free to use it.
Place the dough back in the bowl, cover with a tea towel or plastic wrap and leave to rise for 3 hours.
And voila , you have it , homemade pizza dough.

Preheat oven to 180° C and bake until bubbly and golden.

You can also substitute the plain flour with wholewheat for a healthier version.

I found these cool kitchen goodies. I love cooking gadgets and in Hong Kong there is no shortage.



Love this silicone sunflower cake mould, I so love sunflowers!!!
And these bright and quirky kiddie or adult, if your a duh like me, chopsticks. The fact that they are attached makes them a whole lot easier to use. My girls loved them. Olivia managed to do it but Mathilde is still too young. She still had fun though, picking up her noodles with her brightly coloured sticks.
These items I picked up at a shop called Pantry Magic here in Hong Kong.

This is why Mathilde loves Pantry Magic soo much... she gets carried around in one of their enormous bags.

Bon appetit.

No comments:

Post a Comment