20 June 2011

The little red box, Tiger balm

This is what I picked up today. A tiny, hexagonal jar filled with a herbal smelling pommade. It dates back to the times of Chinese emperors and is now used and sold all over the world - well almost.

I couldn't resist the cute box and thought I'd give it a go considering mosquito and some kind of tiny black bug that bites the living daylights out of me everytime I wait for the bus are on the prowl.

It smells of methol with undertones of clove.

Is good for everything from insect bites, muscular aches and pains, headaches, stuffy nose and...... flatulence!!!!

I kid you not. I laughed out loud to myself when I read it and Olivia asked me why I was laughing? I told her that this could be used for flatulence. She asked what that was? So I said , when you have gas or need to prout - they use that french word. She looked at me puzzled and asked 'yeah, but then where do you rub it?' With a funny grin on her face!!!

And I guess that is a really good question!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment