10 November 2011

Chestnuts = found!!


    
After about an hour of walking this afternoon, I found these little beauties. 
I was so happy, but then realised that this moment would have been so much sweeter had I someone to share them with.
 But that didn't stop me from gobbling down a few.
  
            

 At this stall they were cooked in the drum thats behind the chestnuts. It had tiny stone like grains inside that are heated from underneath. The nuts are placed directly inside and are not slit, so nothing gets in. The barrel turns continuously, ensuring an even cooking. 

I'll keep my eyes open for other vendors and maybe some more different cooking methods. 

Here are a few things I past while looking for the chestnuts......

Whole dried fish





Feeling lazy, don't worry, ready peeled tangerines.






Soya in every shape and form.

Central




                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment