13 November 2011

Christmas is coming, the geese are getting fat.

Please put a penny in the old man's hat.
If you haven't got a penny,  a  ha'penny will do.
If you haven't got a ha'penny, God bless you!

And Oh my are a lot of pennies spent for christmas!!!

With christmas just around the corner , I'm determined to get all of the gifts in now, rather than later. I'm always full of good intentions but before I know it, I'm running around with 1 week to go and sometimes less.

I'm a sucker for christmas, so its always very over the top. Something which my French husband doesn't really understand but he just goes a long with it otherwise he'll get a lump of coal in his stocking!

I've been umming and aahing over whether or not to get little Mathilde a LeapPad Explorer. She loves her sisters DSi but she is too young to have her own - so I think -  so I think this LeapPad Explorer could do the trick. I think I'll take her in to a shop to try and if she can use it.... done and one for under the christmas tree and a pink one of-course.  I'm sure she'll be able to use as she is quite the pro on the DSi. It also seems to be educational with games for recognising numbers, letters of the alphabet and stories all wrapped up in one kiddie size package thats perfect for inquisitive little minds.

Olivia tried it out at the Toys r us Carnival over the week-end and she loved it. If she could, she would have had them all.
Mathilde would also like her very own bike that she can ride all by herself - as she would say. Along with books, puzzles and arty things.

Olivia, well thats a bit more tricky. I think we'll get her a new camera, board games which she loves but then we have to play with her. Then a few stocking fillers. 

My sister and her husband will be joining us this year in Hong Kong, so it will be a real family affair. We'll do all the sights and just enjoy the time together as a family.

As for the menu.....
I found some fresh fois gras which I'll buy next week and make a terrine. The usual turkey with all the trimmings and for dessert, I must still decide.
Of course they'll be mince pies, christmas cake and a buche de noel.

I better get cracking, looks like I've got my work cut out for me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment